Le Fromager by Fromager d'Affinois
See the article
Wine and cheese go hand in hand, though figuring out which of the latter pairs best with your favorite bottle can be tricky. Luckily, Fromager d’Affinois has the answer.
Fromager d’Affinois was officially founded in 1981 by a passionate cheese lover with a vision for something delicious. After much experimentation, Fromager’s founder discovered a way to make cheese that naturally retained the noblest and creamiest part of the milk, which in turn, translated to luscious, velvety cheese that he’d eventually produce with various flavor profiles.
Inspired by France’s well-established reputation for agricultural products, the founder and his wife decided to try their hand at cheesemaking. The pair honed their craft at an old fromagerie in Pélussin, which gave them closer access to the Rhône Valley’s rich supply of milk. This surplus in raw materials, coupled with the founder’s passion for local products, ultimately pushed him to found his own fromagerie in 1981 – though rather than following standard protocol for cheese mongering, he had some ideas of his own.
Today, the company employs nearly 300 people. Next year, it will celebrate its 40th anniversary. With availability in several countries, Fromager d’Affinois emulates the true depiction of a small business success story.
The original Le Fromager by Fromager d’Affinois is produced using milk from cows that are free of any artificial hormones. The cheese is produced with a very thin rind, which ensures a smooth, consistent, and flavor-packed profile that’s certain to satisfy an array of preferences. Fromager d’Affinois is lactose-free (Lactose <0.1g per 100g) and suitable for vegetarians.
Fromager d’Affinois also produces pocket-sized packages (Le Petit Fromager), which are perfect for taking on the go and enjoying anywhere. This version is a smooth, double cream cow’s cheese loaded with rich and creamy flavors that are sure to please an array of palate preferences. This versatility, coupled with its undeniably buttery and delicious taste, ensures that this is the only cheese you need on your next at-home happy hour
How to Build a Fromager d’Affinois Inspired Apéro At Home
- Unwrap Le Petit Fromager and place in the center of a wooden cheese board or cheese slate
- Place crackers or baguette slices on one side of the board
- Add green apple slices, grapes, and/or dried fruits to the other side of the board.
- Sprinkle with almonds or walnuts (provided there are no allergies present).
- Pop your favorite bottle of sparkling and/or white wine, pour a glass, and get ready to enjoy!
Quick Facts on Fromager d’Affinois
- Creamy French cheese produced in the heart of the Rhône Valley
- Produced from milk from animals that are not injected with any sort of artificial hormones
- Silky and buttery interior – similar to Brie, but creamier and produced with a thinner rind
- Subtle, rich, and easy to eat, it is a crowd-pleaser
- Naturally free of lactose (Lactose <0.1g per 100g) and produced with no preservatives or artificial flavors
- Pairs perfectly with a variety of sparkling and/or white wines
“Buttery and supple texture that pleases every palate. The flavor is clean and slightly buttery with a mild, slightly mushroomy rind.”
“The cheese has a texture and appearance of clouds – it tastes like heaven!”
“I AM NOT A BRIE LOVER, BUT love this double cream buttery cheese is so delicious, full of clean flavors, and perfect for most cheese boards (enhances most crackers and fruits). The texture is smooth and rich, and the smell is buttery and earthy. It is one of my favorite go-to cheeses.”
“Uniform and consistent texture. Silky, slightly pungent, and aromatic. [Great] ‘gateway Brie.”
“Creamy with buttery undertones. Melts in your mouth without overtaking your palate.”
“[Grab] the original. I’ve known it since 2001 and it has made me a lot of friends. It might have even sealed the deal with my wife and it is DEFINITELY responsible for my two children!”